WARREN “BILLY” CHERRY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION — 2021
This application must be received by Friday, March 12, 2021. Applications received after this date will not to be considered. All materials are confidential and will be used exclusively for the selection of Cherry Scholars. If you have questions or need help filling out the application, please email Bill Speth (email@example.com) or call Robert Reece, President (847-424-1065).
Mail Applications, Transcripts and Recommendation Forms to:
Warren W. “Billy” Cherry Scholarship Fund
Ann Stevens, Vice President
P.O. Box 0944, Evanston, IL 60204-0944
- You can submit your Application online using the online form on this page but you must be registered to do so. When you visit this page after log in, you will see the six-part online application when you scroll down. The form will allow you to complete, save and submit your application. Note: If you are not logged in, you will not be able to view the online application. Registering is easy. Just click on REGISTER at the top of the page to create your user name and password. Transcripts and Recommendation Forms must be sent by postal mail to the address above, whether you’re submitting your application by mail or online.
- Complete the online application online (or download and complete the offline Application Form) and mail on or before Friday, March 12, 2021.
- Arrange to have an official transcript sent from ETHS, plus transcripts from all other high schools, colleges, or universities you have attended. You must send a complete set of transcripts, even if you have applied before.
– Request transcripts from your counselor at ETHS and from appropriate offices at other institutions at least one month before the application deadline in order to give the school(s) time to process your request.
- Arrange for recommendations from two adults with whom you have had a professional relationship within the past five years (teacher, counselor, coach, sponsor of an extra-curricular activity, job supervisor, clergy). Those who write these recommendations should not be related to you. Please ask them to mail their recommendation to Ann Stevens at the address listed above or e-mail to Bill Speth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your application will be ‘complete’ when all transcripts and letters of recommendation are received. Transcripts and letters of recommendation must be received by March 19, 2021 in order to be considered.
- Graduating senior or graduate of Evanston Township High School; ETHS student with G.E.D.
- Pursuing associates, bachelors or graduate degree in education or youth work
- Enrolled as a full-time (at least 12 credit hrs. per term) or part-time (at least 6 credit hrs. per term) student
- Success in overcoming poor academic achievement, lack of focus, or other personal challenges
- Interest in working with young people
- Community involvement
- Leadership, sensitivity, compassion, commitment, and love of children
Important: If you are selected as a finalist, you must attend an IN-PERSON interview on April 11, 2021.
You need to be logged in to view the application. If you don't have a login please register here.
If you have a login and password, please login here.
Marcus Miller is one of the first scholars to receive Cherry’s maximum individual award of $12,000. He was awarded $3,000 each year from 2009 to 2012, using the money to pursue a five-year double major in Special/Deaf Education and Sociology at Illinois State University. “The Cherry Scholarship has been a major support in my journey,” Marcus says. “I cannot express in words what it feels like to have the Fund show its faith in me and believe in my success.”