Turning dreams into realities –
one student at a time.
“It was a proud moment for me to cross the stage
to get that diploma.”
To be eligible to receive an award, an applicant:
- Must be a graduate of the Evanston Township High School, or have attended ETHS and subsequently earned a Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Pursuing associates, bachelors, or graduate degree in education or youth work
- Enrolled as a full-time (12 or more credit hrs. per term) or part-time (6 or more credit hrs. per term) student
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance
Awards are made according to the following selection criteria:
- Success in overcoming poor academic achievement, lack of focus, or other hardships
- Interest in working with young people
- Community involvement
- Leadership, sensitivity, compassion, commitment and a love of children
How to Apply
Applications for 2020 Scholarships are now available. The deadline for applications is March 6, 2020.
Apply by Mail
Download the 2020 Cherry Scholarship application.
In order to complete your application to the Cherry Scholarship Fund you must send in recommendation forms.
Please allow sufficient time for your referrers to forward references to us. We recommend that you make your request no later than February 6, 2020.
Completed applications must be postmarked and mailed no later than March 6, 2020.
Incomplete applications and those received with a postmark later than March 6, 2020 will not be considered.
The Selection Process
(MARCH 6, 2020)
(APRIL 5, 2020)
Award Winners Notified
(APRIL 13, 2020)
(APRIL 26, 2020)