Turning dreams into realities –
one student at a time.
“It was a proud moment for me to cross the stage
to get that diploma.”
To be eligible to receive an award, an applicant:
- Must be a graduate of the Evanston Township High School, or have attended ETHS and subsequently earned a Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Pursuing associates, bachelors, or graduate degree in education or youth work
- Enrolled as a full-time (12 or more credit hrs. per term) or part-time (6 or more credit hrs. per term) student
Awards are made according to the following selection criteria:
- Success in overcoming poor academic achievement, lack of focus, or other personal challenges
- Interest in working with young people
- Community involvement
- Leadership, sensitivity, compassion, commitment and a love of children
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance
How to Apply
Applications for 2020 Scholarships are now available. The deadline for applications is March 11, 2022.
Apply Online here
Apply by Mail
Download the 2022 Cherry Scholarship application.
Arrange for recommendations from two (2) adults with whom you have had a professional relationship within the past five years (teacher, counselor, coach, sponsor of an extra-curricular activity, job supervisor, clergy). Those who write these recommendations should not be related to you. Please ask them to e-mail their recommendation to Ann Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to Bill Speth (email@example.com).
Please allow sufficient time for your referrers to forward references to us. We recommend that you make your request no later than February 11, 2022..
We must receive your application no later than March 11, 2022. Additionally, we must receive a complete set of transcripts plus two letters of recommendation by March 18, 2022. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Selection Process
(MARCH 11, 2022)
(APRIL 10, 2022)
Award Winners Notified
(APRIL 17, 2022)
Awards Presentation Dinner
(APRIL 24, 2022)